Monday 31 December 2012

Ready, set... go!

Happy New Year to you!

After the mad blogging spree of the A-Z in April, I have neglected my poor little blog somewhat, I think.  Blame the day job and the pressures of running a household!

Unsurprisingly, my New Year's Resolution is to get it back on track - to have guests over to my blog and to schedule a post for at least once a week. I can't pretend I'm going to have more time, but I'm going to try to spread myself a little less thinly this year thanks to my new discovery...

Actually, I didn't discover it, a fellow blogger very helpfully recommended it...


THE TIMER
 
Ta-daaaaa!
 
 
I have been setting a timer to write for one hour at a time which has worked fantastically for me because it makes me keep on with it instead of dipping in and out of Facebook all the time while I'm supposed to be working.  I'm now going to extend that and set a timer for a maximum of , say, 10 mins a day looking at FB and another 15-30 mins on email/other internet browsing.  Three times a week I'll give myself 30 mins for catching up with blogs and/or writing mine. If I added up all the time I've spent sitting on my bum staring at a screen this year (not including writing time) I know I'd be shocked. In 2013, I'm giving my eyes a rest when the writing's done and taking myself off to do something equally productive - like cooking or reading!
 
So, that's my resolution for the New Year - what will yours be?

7 comments:

Dana said...

What a great idea! I might have to try that.

I wrote a post about my goals today. :)

Happy New Year, friend!

Anonymous said...

It's great to see you back! It's sounds like a great plan to write. I'm hoping to be more organised in 2013.

Happy New Year Linda.

Annalisa Crawford said...

A timer is a great idea. What works for me is realising that I'm on a social media loop - when I check facebook for the third time, and still nothing has changed, I go back to writing :-)

Looking forward to reading more blog posts. Happy New Year.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Jinx!! I'm a timer girl too. Great minds do think alike!

Vikki T said...

I definitely think I need to adopt this method lol ;)

Xx

r said...

I use the timer too! Though I've had to cut back, because I've found myself having withdrawal symptoms whenever I'm forced to something without the timer :D

Linda King said...

Ravena - I hadn't thought of getting addicted to the timer - but I can see that happening! Thanks for the warning! :-)

Thank you for all your comments, everyone - I wish you all the very best for 2013